Merino/Rambouillet sheep are commonly found in the Western U.S. for their adaptability to semi-arid range conditions. They are large, rugged, gregarious animals known for their high-quality, dense, fine fleece.
Particular wool characteristics feature a bounce and elasticity without compromising softness. The matte surface beautifully exhibits natural dyes. And because it's non-superwash there's a high fiber memory retention. The fibers rub against each other and attach ever so slightly in what is known as a fulling effect. This makes it an excellent insulator.
Project Recommendations: Cables, cowls, hats, blankets, and throws
• 3-ply Bulky
• Wraps per inch - 7
• Length - 125yd / 114m - 100g / 3.5oz.
• Stitch gauge - 12-15 sts = 4" (10cm)
• Recommended needle size - US 9-11 (5.5-8mm)
• Grown and milled in the U.S.
• Sheep are certified under the RWS (Responsible Wool Standard)
• Non-Superwash, free of chlorinated compounds and polyamides
• 21 Microns means it's soft and perfect for a wide variety of wearable layers and outerwear
Pink. Dye materials used: Cochineal
Although the utmost care is taken to ensure the colors are consistent from batch to batch, no two are ever exactly the same. We suggest purchasing enough yarn at once to complete your entire project. To avoid color pooling, alternate skeins.
Hand wash in cold water with pH neutral soap. Dry flat.