Merino/Rambouillet sheep are commonly found in the Western U.S. for their adaptability to semi-arid range conditions. They are large, rugged, gregarious animals known for their high-quality, dense, fine fleece.
Particular wool characteristics feature a bounce and elasticity without compromising softness. The matte surface beautifully exhibits natural dyes. And because it's non-superwash there's a high fiber memory retention. The fibers rub against each other and attach ever so slightly in what is known as a fulling effect making it an excellent insulator.
Project Recommendations: Cables, cowls, hats, blankets, and throws
• 3-ply Bulky
• Wraps per inch - 7
• Length - 125yd / 114m - 100g / 3.5oz
• Stitch gauge - 12-15 sts = 4" (10cm)
• Recommended needle size - US 9-11 (5.5-8mm)
• Grown and milled in the U.S.
• Sheep are certified under the RWS (Responsible Wool Standard)
• Non-Superwash, free of chlorinated compounds and polyamides
• 20-21 Microns means it's soft and perfect for close-to-skin wearable layers
White un-dyed yarn
Hand wash in cold water with wool wash—dry flat.